Monday 10 November 2014

Gluten Free Mince Pies from Waitrose

Yay, my first mince pie of the year. I am on a mission to sample every brand of gf mince pie before christmas (hard challenge). These arrived at my local Waitrose in Fulham last week, would have been rude not to buy them really. 


Waitrose gluten free mince pies

waitrose gluten free mince pies

gluten free mince pie

gluten free cake

gluten free pie

gluten free christmas

Four in a pack for £2.50 isn't too bad on the gf scale. 

As we all know there tends to be a lot more calories and fat in gluten free substitutes, I guess its because of the change of recipe they need to pack it out with all sorts of unhealthy things. These are 216 Kcal and 20.9 grams of sugar (I only discovered this after my second, and felt incredibly sick for the rest of the afternoon). The pastry hardly falls apart when you bite into it and the mincemeat is perfect. 

Mark out of 10: 8 



No comments:

Post a Comment