Sunday 2 November 2014

Too Good To Be Gluten Free - Quiche Lorraine

I first discovered the No.G range when I moved to London and took my first trip to Whole Foods. Quiche was something I was a huge fan of back in my gluten eating days, so was thrilled to discover that gf quiche existed. The price always put me off buying it, as it was £4 for a very small size, but every time I went in I loved eyeing up the shelves to see if the cost of these items had been lowered. 

This payday, I decided to treat myself. The price had been lowered to £3.50 (that 50p makes all the difference), and I was desperate to try. 

too good to be gluten free

too good to be gluten free

gluten free quiche

gluten free quiche lorraine

The size is small, I reckon you could eat one to your self with salad for lunch/dinner.

quiche lorraine

quiche

whole foods

gf quiche




It tasted amazing. Exactly how I remember Quiche Lorraine tasting back in the day. The pastry had a really nice flavour to it, and although it didn't hold together so well (c'mon, this is gluten free after all, we aren't expecting miracles), and was tricky to get out of the foil tin, it was definitely strong enough to eat with your fingers if you wanted. Made with maple cured smoked bacon, extra mature Cheddar and Emmental cheese in a free range egg custard. Yum.

Available in Sainsburys, Whole Foods or online at Ocado. They have a full range of products including pies, tarts and cheesecakes. Website here. 

The only negative about this product is the price. 

Marks out of 10: 8 







No comments:

Post a Comment